DNN Users Export/import tool

Sep 1, 2015 at 9:00 PM
Hallo,
I'm new to DNN and modules.
I have just downloaded this tool and loaded in my new experimental portal, with no apparent problem. It appears regularly in the modules list
What I'm supposed to do with it? If I try to put it in a page an error occurs.
Thank you for any help
Lorenzo
Sep 2, 2015 at 9:13 AM
Hello Lorenzo.

What version of DNN do you use? Can you make a screenshot of error you have?

Sergey, forDNN Team
Sep 2, 2015 at 5:19 PM
Hello Sergey,
I'm using 7.4.1.
The language is italian: the error message (attached screen-shot) when logged as admin states:
"An error occured. forDNN... not currently available" .
The secon screen shot is when logged as superuser.
Is this the proper way to use the module?
Thank you
Lorenzo

Il 02/09/2015 10:14, fordnn ha scritto:

Hello Lorenzo.

What version of DNN do you use? Can you make a screenshot of error you have?

Sergey, forDNN Team

Sep 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM
Lorenzo

Do not see any attached images. If you can - please send them to support@fordnn.com.

Sergey
Sep 3, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Lorenzo

Just got images from you. On first page load, module tries to get max allowed file size to upload from web.config. It seems your environment does not have enough permissions to read web.config? What is really strange. Can you check permissions for wbe.config?

Sergey, forDNN Team
Sep 3, 2015 at 1:43 PM
Sergey,
as I said I'm a beginner in these matters, so please excuse my maybe naive questions.
You mean from within DNN or via FTP?
Anyway I connected via FTP and manually assigned Read and Execute permissions to web.config in root and nothing changed. These settings should have been assigned by the installation process of DNN, I imagine. The portal works fine for the rest.
Thank you
Lorenzo

Il 03/09/2015 11:32, fordnn ha scritto:

Lorenzo

Just got images from you. On first page load, module tries to get max allowed file size to upload from web.config. It seems your environment does not have enough permissions to read web.config? What is really strange. Can you check permissions for wbe.config?

Sergey, forDNN Team

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:47 AM
Lorenzo

Have just sent you debug version in the separate email - can you try it to install over existing one?

Sergey, forDNN Team

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Hello Sergey,
certainly. It's enough to import it with the standard porcedure or there's a way to uninstall the previous version (I haven't seeen any way for this).
Lorenzo

Il 04/09/2015 09:47, fordnn ha scritto:

Lorenzo

Have just sent you debug version in the separate email - can you try it to install over existing one?

Sergey, forDNN Team

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:17 AM
Hello Sergey,
I installed (there is actually an option to overwrite the previous version). There is still an erro but differen (shorter diag).
Attached screen-shot.
Thank you
Lorenzo

Il 04/09/2015 12:06, Gestore ha scritto:
Hello Sergey,
certainly. It's enough to import it with the standard porcedure or there's a way to uninstall the previous version (I haven't seeen any way for this).
Lorenzo

Il 04/09/2015 09:47, fordnn ha scritto:

Lorenzo

Sergey, forDNN Team